What is a Dietitian?
Accredited Practising Dietitians (APDs) are recognised professionals with the qualifications and skills to provide expert nutrition and dietary advice. They know about food and health and can help you sort through the maze of nutrition information.
APDs are qualified to advise individuals and groups on nutrition related matters. They also have clinical training to modify diets to treat conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, cancers, gastro-intestinal diseases, food allergies and intolerances and overweight and obesity.
A Dietitian has the required skills and knowledge to:
- Assess people's nutritional needs
- Develop personalised eating plans and nutritional guidelines
- Provide information on:
- Healthy Eating;
- Reading food labels;
- Choosing the best foods when shopping and eating out; and
- Healthy ways to prepare food.
- Sort out nutrition fact from fiction
Sports Dietitian Melbourne
have detailed knowledge and experience to help active people with the best nutrition advice. Some of the areas they advise on are:
- Maximising energy levels for exercise
- Eating to optimise growth and development
- Maintaining appropriate body fat levels
- Best fluid choices for exercise
- Eating before competition
- Recovery after training and competition
- Eating when travelling
- Appropriate use of ergogenic aids and dietary supplements
When to refer to a Bounce Dietitian
There are many conditions in which a nutritional intervention may be useful. Consider the service of a Dietitian if your client presents with possible nutrition related problems such as fatigue, weight management, gastrointestinal disturbances, reduced immune function, impaired blood glucose control, reduced healing capacity and food intolerances or allergies. A sports Dietitian can also assist in additional areas or conditions that may arise amongst athletes such as female athlete triad syndrome, increased incidence of injuries, making weight, stress fractures and optimizing performance.
Our Bounce dietitians work alongside our physiotherapists and exercise physiologists to provide patients with a complete care plan to ensure an optimal outcome.
Bounce Dietitian Services
Available for presentations and group education sessions on a variety of topics
Who can claim?
Private Health Insurance
Enhanced Primary Care Clients (EPC)